We Love Chesterfield is an ongoing initiative of Ironbridge Church to demonstrate love and care for those in our community. Below are some strategic ways you can be involved:
1. Tyler’s Retreat Outreach
- Tyler’s Retreat is a rehabilitation, skilled nursing, and long term care facility. While some residents receive regular visits from family members and friends, many do not. “Turn to me and have mercy, because I am alone and in deep distress.” Psalms 25:16 NLT. Would you be willing to show love to someone who feels alone in the world? You can visit individually, as a group or a family – the residents love when children visit.
2. First Responder Appreciation Dinners
- Express your gratitude to the courageous men and women who willingly put their lives on the line just to keep us safe. Sign up to prepare and deliver (just a simple drop-off..no chatting or sticking around the station) a meal for first responders at Chester District Station on West Hundred Road – Falling Creek Station on Jeff Davis Hwy & Headquarters on Ironbridge Road. There are approximately 10-15 officers on duty each evening in each precinct. Meal delivery needs to be scheduled two weeks in advance.
3. Charnwood/Norcroft Grocery Ministry
- Charnwoood Forest Apartments and Norcroft Townhomes provide affordable housing for senior citizens and individuals with disabilities. While many of the residents are active and able to live independently, others need assistance. Many of the residents do not have consistent connection with family members or friends. Would you be willing to show the love of Jesus to someone who feels alone in the world? Residents would benefit from someone committed to making at least one visit a month – helping the resident create a grocery list, look for outdated items, ordering groceries, pickup and deliver of groceries, and most of all a loving connection with you!
4. Mercy Mall
- Mercy to the needy is a loan to God, and God pays back those loans in full. Proverbs 19:17 Mercy Mall is a ‘free of charge’ housewares and clothing boutique that helps families who are starting over and need everything from housewares, children’s items, food to spiritual care. You can partner with Mercy Mall by – serving in the boutique, praying with clients, sorting & stocking donations, making donations, facility upkeep, drives and fundraisers. Sign-up to volunteer.
5. Prison Ministry
- In Matthew 25:36, the Lord commends those who visit prisoners when He says, “I was in prison and you visited me.” We have many opportunities to share the transforming love of Jesus with prisoners and their families both by going into the prison and by serving on the outside. Here are just a few ways you could be a part of the Ironbridge prison ministry partnerships: praying, baking cookies or writing encouraging letters for prison ministry weekends, providing cases of hope- suitcases with toiletries and clothing for women being released from prison, provide Christmas donations for inmates and Christmas gifts & delivery for children whose parents are incarcerated. You may even want to consider being trained and joining a prison ministry team who works directly with the inmates.
6. Classic Service
- Hebrews 10: 24-25 ‘And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.’ Classic Service at Ironbridge occurs every 3rd Thursday and offers a time of singing traditional hymns, a devotional presented by one of our pastors, and sharing refreshments while enjoying a time of fellowship. This service is designed for senior adults and many who attend are Ironbridge Church members and Lucy Corr residents. You can serve by helping with setup, meal preparation, serving the meal, fellowshipping with attenders, cleanup, scripture reading, singing & playing an instrument.
You can learn more about any of the ‘We Love Chesterfield’ Partnerships or sign up to volunteer by clicking the button above or contacting our Serving Coordinator, Marjorie Loya @ firstname.lastname@example.org