Hear from our Staff
FROM PASTOR GARY:
2021 IS HERE. I heard a friend say on New Years that he stayed up late to welcome in 2021 just to make sure that 2020 had actually left. As we begin 2021 there doesn’t seem to be a lot of improvement on 2020. Yesterday we saw the terrible breeching of the Capitol in Washington. I, along with you I’m sure, were horrified. But one thing we should have learned in 2020 is to wait for several news cycles before we think we have a grasp of the situation. We’ve seen protests turn into riots across the country and attempted entry into and even attempted destruction of Federal buildings in this past year. We have become aware that there are many radicals afoot in our country today who will use any situation to make things worse or achieve their advantage. Time will tell of the makeup of the group who went into the Capitol and their motives. Hopefully the concerns of those marching peacefully will be given good attention, and our leaders will make sure our election process is fair and credible, but also that forced entry into government buildings and resisting law enforcement officers will surely be punished no matter where it happens in our country. Our safety and stability depend on it. So, let’s pray for our leaders and especially our new President Joe Biden as he takes office and and pray for peace in our country. One thing to keep in mind is that our most important concern is that the gospel be preached so that lives can be changed by Jesus Christ, and let’s do our part in sharing the good news of life in Jesus.
TRANSFORMED. This Sunday, January 10, we begin a new series during our worship times called, Transformed. This is a great way to start off 2021 as we have gone through so many challenges last year and many of them continue in 2021. In this series we will be looking at the transformation that comes as we grow in our walk in the Lord. We will identify spiritual habits that encourage and amplify this growth. It is the essence of our life as believers that we are “changed into His likeness” (looking and acting more like Jesus) each day.
PRAY FOR REVIVING AND RENEWING. Please save the dates of March 19-21, 2021. We will be having a weekend of special worship times and hearing God’s Word. Dr. Gordon Fort will be with us again to lead us to the Lord. We will have these services available both in person and online according to our Covid situations at that time. We need reviving and refreshing in the Lord. Thanks for your prayers.
From Pastor Paul:
You may be noticing some new faces on our Worship Team in the coming weeks. Maybe there are others out there interested in either Worship Team or Tech Crew. Please get in touch with me and let me know. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I want to be able to work you into a great area of service. We certainly have the need for more people to step up who have the gifting and hearts to serve.
Bridge Groups are continuing to meet either in person or through Zoom. I want to encourage anyone interested in joining a small group to follow through. You can view the different groups with their meeting times and information on our church website at www.ironbridge.org…Just click on Bridge Groups and you can view 26 different options. Let me thank our Bridge Group leaders for their dedication to this ministry. I know these are very challenging days. Any opportunity to safely meet in person or online is beneficial to the church body.
I really want to thank everyone involved in the DRIVE THRU NATIVITY last month. What a great event that was! Between builders, cast, greeters, costuming, security, food, and advertising we had around 35 people that worked together to make that possible. It was a great idea from one of our members! We had around 325 cars drive through the Nativity Scene. If you average 3 or 4 people per vehicle, we easily reached out to over 1000 individuals in one night. What a great way to share Christ’s love to the community! We give God the Glory for making this possible! Check out this link from The Progress Index out of Petersburg. They took pictures and did a Facebook Live session!
From Tammy Baylor:
Happy New Year! We are excited to be moving forward in this year of 2021! We saw God working during 2020 in lives of kids even through this challenging time for all.
We continue to have in-person BridgeKidz at the 1045am service each Sunday. Parents, please remember to pre-register your children. This helps us to ensure enough Servant Volunteers are available and that we are able to maintain social distancing guidelines with your children.
Please know, currently, if you arrive on Sunday and have not registered, we have been able to admit children, BUT, we do not want to turn any child away, so PLEASE register your children to ensure their space in their class. Registration is open weekly Monday 11:00 am – Saturday 11:30 pm. Go to the ChurchCenter App and choose events.
This month’s Focus:
Preschool: Theme: Out of this World
Bottom Line: Jesus is Amazing!
Memory Verse: Luke 2:47
K- 3: Theme: Rules for Life
Bottom Line: Responsibility – Showing you can be trusted with what is expected of you.
Memory Verse: Luke 16:10a
BridgeKidz Online at home:
Videos available weekly for preschool, K-3 and Preteen on BridgeKidz Children’s Ministry Facebook page and shared on BridgeKidz Parents facebook group.
If you Facebook is not an option for you, please email me at email@example.com and we can send you a special link to the videos.
We mail at home kits monthly to each child for Online at home BridgeKidz. They come in an envelope addressed directly to your child. Families with multiple children still receive an envelope for each child.
We look forward to what God has planned for us in BridgeKidz this year. There are so many opportunities for us to connect with families and children in our church and in the community. We invite you to come be a part of what we are doing this year as children learn God loves them; He wants a relationship with them through Jesus, and they can share their faith with others. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you would like more information.
From Zach Ginn:
A 6 Month Vision
– There are many students in the surrounding area who do not know Christ and do not have Christian community. We believe we can make a difference, but we cannot do it alone. We believe that if we each have a relationship rooted in Christ, and use our gifts to serve, this ministry can become a diverse place of healing and growth. The need for this atmosphere and action is urgent. Our vision is to…
– See each student owning their faith in Christ and leveraging their life for his cause.
Owning your faith
– Ownership Initiative / Committing one moment each day to the one thing that matters, being with Jesus. We will read through a 6-month NT bible plan together. We challenge each student to find one person to invite to also read the NT. We will meet the second half of Sunday mornings (10-10:30am) to talk about what we have read.
– Wednesday Nights / Free dinner, exciting activity, worship, messages with discussion throughout, table talks
– Reset weekend / a weekend of worship and speaking from a guest group, surprise activity, Feb. 12-14
– Refresh Week / week-long trip at a camp
Leveraging your life
– Leverage Teams / To see each student to be leveraging their gifts, we will have four teams as an option for you to belong to: content team, hospitality team, tech team, and outreach team. The teams will meet the first half of Sunday mornings (9:30-10am). The Content Team will create questions for table talks and brainstorm song ideas for Wednesday worship. The Hospitality Team will create a welcoming atmosphere through organizing, greeting, and developing ideas to make all feel welcome. The Tech Team will train, keep the tech space tidy, and plan for weekly tech needs. The Outreach Team will cultivate ideas for invite nights and create social media posts.
– Invite Nights / Invite nights will be fun events that students are proud to bring their friends to experience.
– Bridge Day / We will engage our community for Christ through one local mission day.
– Courageous Conversations / Our conversations are packed full of kindness and honesty.
– Bold Behavior / Our actions are counter-cultural.
– Lavish Love / Our love is sacrificial and sincere.
– Progress in Purity / We are becoming like Jesus in actions and words.
– Faith for the Future / Our hope is in Christ for a better tomorrow.
From the Office:
Offering Envelope boxes are available at the Welcome Center window for those who need them. They are generic and can be used for any Sunday for any year. Be sure to write your name on your envelope as you give. Otherwise we welcome you to use the Church Center app and give online. Visit the church website: Ironbridge.org to find out more.
End of Year Giving Statements will be emailed the week of January 18th to everyone, except those who have indicated to Sherry@ironbridge.org that you prefer having a hard copy mailed. Be sure to let the church office know if your email address has changed recently. Thank you for your faithful giving to the work and ministry of Ironbridge Church.
Happy New Year from Ironbridge Community Christian School!
We hope all of our church families are having a blessed start to the New Year! The preschool is already gearing up for enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year.
If you haven’t heard, we have a wonderful weekday preschool right here at Ironbridge Church, and we are so proud of the services we provide to our families. We offer a quality preschool education in a loving Christian environment to over 100 children. If you have a preschooler aged 2-5, or know of a family looking for a preschool, please pick up an information card in the welcome center. We are happy to talk with you or set up a tour to show you around and tell you about our program. You can check out our website, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call at (804)295-5500. We would love to meet your family!