Leadership Team Update
The Search Committee for the new Senior Pastor has formed and is already meeting. They will prayerfully be allowing Christ to lead this search. The Team includes: Jon Loftis, Rachel Adcock, Paul Repak, Greg Sweeney, Tamara Tatum, Sarah Cochran, Rhea Shelton, Angela Compton, and Victoria Bates. Keep checking the Ironbridge website for an update with a picture and short bio for each of the team members.
Ironbridge will begin sponsoring a local basketball league and will be known as Chester Church Basketball League. When the season begins, we will be looking for volunteers to attend games, encourage, cheer on, pray for, and build relationships with the players and families.
IronBridge Baptist Church
2nd Quarter Financial Summary
(Jan 1st 2021 to March 31st)
• Operating receipts were slightly unfavorable to budget – $8.4K (-4%) for the quarter and only down (- 2%) from the prior quarter.
• Operating cash position improved $13.6K during the quarter.
• Association and mission giving (excluding designated gifts) were down slightly relative to budget due to the shortfall in operating receipts. However, $22K was raised during the quarter for missions. We are currently at about 85% of our Annie Armstrong Easter offering goal for 2021 of $6.5K.
• Our current mortgage principal balance continues to decline each month and ended the quarter at $754,932.
• We continue to keep expenses down relative to receipts. Our net receipts (receipts less expenses) were favorable $13.6K for the quarter. Favorability in salaries and benefits accounted for most (82%) of the reduction in our expenses relative to the budget.
YTD total receipts are down -8% (-$39K) to plan and expenses are also down about (-7.4%). Net Receipts are $27,692, as we continue to keep expenses below receipts for the first half of the year.
Thank you for your faithfulness in giving of your tithes and offerings to support the mission of our church, those in our community and those serving around the world.