Leadership Team Updates
The Search Committee for the new Senior Pastor has formed and is already meeting. They will prayerfully be allowing Christ to lead this search. The Team includes: Jon Loftis, Rachel Adcock, Paul Repak, Greg Sweeney, Tamara Tatum, Sarah Cochran, Rhea Shelton, Angela Compton, and Victoria Bates. Keep checking the Ironbridge website for an update with a picture and short bio for each of the team members.
Ironbridge will begin sponsoring a local basketball league and will be known as Chester Church Basketball League. When the season begins, we will be looking for volunteers to attend games, encourage, cheer on, pray for, and build relationships with the players and families.
IronBridge Baptist Church
2nd Quarter Financial Summary
(Jan 1st 2021 to March 31st)
• Operating receipts were slightly unfavorable to budget – $8.4K (-4%) for the quarter and only down (- 2%) from the prior quarter.
• Operating cash position improved $13.6K during the quarter.
• Association and mission giving (excluding designated gifts) were down slightly relative to budget due to the shortfall in operating receipts. However, $22K was raised during the quarter for missions. We are currently at about 85% of our Annie Armstrong Easter offering goal for 2021 of $6.5K.
• Our current mortgage principal balance continues to decline each month and ended the quarter at $754,932.
• We continue to keep expenses down relative to receipts. Our net receipts (receipts less expenses) were favorable $13.6K for the quarter. Favorability in salaries and benefits accounted for most (82%) of the reduction in our expenses relative to the budget.
YTD total receipts are down -8% (-$39K) to plan and expenses are also down about (-7.4%). Net Receipts are $27,692, as we continue to keep expenses below receipts for the first half of the year.
Thank you for your faithfulness in giving of your tithes and offerings to support the mission of our church, those in our community and those serving around the world.
April Ministry Conference Update: Ministry Conference Notes 4.25.2021
We would love your feedback!
As the LT begins planning for the second Ministry Conference coming this Fall, we would love to know your thoughts from the previous, and first, Ministry Conference held in April. Please reach out to any member of the LT, or email ELT@ironbridge.org.
Are you or someone you know looking for a way to serve in the church and help it grow? The Transition Sub-Committee of the LT is building a team that will continue the work of the original Transition Team as the church moves forward. Please get in contact with Marjorie Loya or Bill Vickers if you would like to be a part of this team.
It’s almost that time! With summer getting into full swing, the LT asks you to begin to prayerfully consider who you feel God is leading you to nominate for the LT positions that will turn over at the beginning of October. A formal request for nominations will come later in the summer.
Please remain in prayer for our Pastor Search Team as they are hard at work.