From Pastor Gary:
Following Jesus Together. As I come to the end of serving as your Intentional Interim Senior Pastor I am filled with thankfulness when I think of how the Lord has worked during this time. We have walked together through some challenging issues and seasons. Through it all there has been a spirit of prayer, walking in His Word, and expectation of God’s leading. I am amazed at the leaders of all facets of our church life. I am the first to say that I am not perfect, and you all know that you are not perfect either. That is why it is paramount that we put the Lord Jesus first and walk in obedience to Him as best we can. Churches are strong because of the number of people in its fellowship that are sincerely living out the Christian life. God can use us in a fantastic way if we are available to Him. We are blessed at Ironbridge to have a considerable number of people who are willing to use their gifts and skills for the Lord as well as equipping others to do the same. This makes us strong in Jesus. The Lord loves to use all parts of His Body. It takes a careful spirit-filled walk in Jesus for that to be lived out in a local church. I want to encourage each of you to keep walking and growing in Jesus each day.
A new season in the life of Ironbridge. We are all excited as we look to the future as Dr. Michael Rodriguez begins serving as Lead Pastor of Ironbridge. I want to extend special thanks to our Search Team and our Prayer Team for leading out in this time. I have enjoyed meeting Michael, Carryssa, Annsleigh, and Collins. They are and will be a special blessing in the life of Ironbridge. You have so graciously supported and encouraged Becky and I and it has been so powerful in our time here. I encourage you to do the same for this precious family and I know that you will. No pastor serves alone, we serve together in the Lord’s work. I am so thankful for the staff and all the congregation here at Ironbridge. I feel so good about these fine people coming here. I have whole-heartedly assured Michael that this is a wonderful place to serve. Michael and Carryssa will be great leaders in ministry here because they are, first of all, wholehearted followers of Jesus Christ. The Lord will do wonderful things as you follow Jesus together.
Becky and I are so grateful for the privilege of serving here with you. Blessings as you follow Jesus into the future.
From Pastor Paul:
Hey Ironbridge Church,
These are certainly interesting days as we say goodbye to our Interim Pastor and welcome a new Lead Pastor. It has been an honor to work with Pastor Gary for almost 4 years now! Who knew God would take us on this path as we prepared for the days to come. God knows exactly what our needs are, far beyond what we can even imagine. We have been blessed for many years and are looking forward to new days of blessing. Of course, we all know that as we travel this road there will be some growing pains. Please know that we as your staff and as workers for the Lord will seek the best path…the one God is laying before us! Anyway, I just especially wanted to thank Gary for his leadership, guidance, and friendship over these years of transition. It has been such a valuable time!
Looking forward, just around the corner will be an emphasis on Bridge Groups. Sunday, September 18th we will highlight Bridge Groups and have information on what is being offered. We are going to set that up just a little differently this year and hopefully the response will be great. Please begin even now, if you are not already part of a group, to consider where you may get plugged in. It will be exciting as we unify more as a church, grow, and step out.
The Student Worship Team has continued to grow and serve over this past year. We had two of our members, Laura Marshall, and Molly Brittle graduate recently. They will be greatly missed! As a result, there are some openings on the team. We are holding auditions for Student Worship Team next Wednesday, August 31st at 6:30pm. Please contact me or Zach for more information if you have a student interested in the audition. Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or Zach at email@example.com and we will be glad to help.
One more bit of news…we are moving toward a Worship Night in October! We will reveal that date soon and are looking forward to a great time of worship and prayer. These have been great nights that build us and challenge us. I know that it helps us as well in our Sunday worship to be a little freer. Bring family and friends and join us!
From Interim Children’s Director Marjorie:
Here’s what has been happening in Children’s Ministry…
We are learning about these concepts in August:
Preschool: “God made me wonderful.”
Grades K – 2: “Love is showing others how much they matter to you.”
Grades 3 – 5: Study of the book of Revelation
Here’s what will be happening in Children’s Ministry…
During the month of September, our Sunday Morning BridgeKidz ministry will be learning about these concepts:
Preschool: “God loves me no matter what.”
Grades K – 2: “Trust: Putting your confidence in someone you can depend on”
Grades 3 – 5: Study of the book of Revelation
Don’t forget to use the Parent Cue resources to review the lessons taught during our Sunday morning BridgeKidz time.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: For these Sundays: August 28, September 4, September 11, Ironbridge will have one worship service at 10:30AM.
- BridgeKidz will meet as usual (checking in at 8:45). All elementary age children should be dropped off at classrooms.
- Children in Preschool through 5th grade are invited to join in large group activities in room 4 during the worship service.
- Parents – please let us know at the 8:45 check-in whether your child will attend the second children’s service.
- Children attending both BridgeKidz’ services will be escorted to room 4 by leaders and should be picked up there by parents.
- Children only attending the first BridgeKidz’ service should be picked up at their classroom as usual.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask any questions or to offer any suggestions.
Marjorie Loya, IBC Volunteer Interim Children’s Director
From Pastor Zach:
- We gather on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm and Sundays at 9 am for teaching, worship, community, and fun! The fall season is the perfect time for your teenager to explore our growing group of teenagers seeking God together.
- Serve Day, Sept. 3rd, 9:30 am-1:30 pm / In this exciting moment of transition, we want to help make our church’s physical appearance reflect our spiritual care. Students will be entrusted with projects to build benches, do landscape work, or organize indoor spaces. We will conclude the morning by hosting an appreciation lunch for our building and grounds crew.
- Invite Night: Grog, Sept. 28th, 6:30-8:30 pm / We are devoting an entire evening towards the student’s most requested game, Grog. We have a goal of reaching 50 students. Bring friends, neighbors, and even your enemies for this fun-packed evening! Dinner will be provided.
- In our new study, The Master Plan of Evangelism, we will learn how to incorporate the good news into our everyday conversations and rhythms. We invite you to read along and join us for a group on Mondays or Thursdays at 7 pm at Ironbridge.
- Busch Gardens Trip, Sept. 17th / Once a month, our Young Adult groups combine for a whole-ministry event. This month we are going to Busch Gardens theme park on Saturday the 17th! The cost to register will be $30, covering your ticket. If you would like a registration link, please email email@example.com.